Pairs well with the
Cantina Mesa BUIO BUIOFood
- 1 lb lean ground lamb
- 2 tsp EVOO or avocado oil
- 1 large yellow onion, peeled and finely chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, grated
- 1 tsp ginger, minced
- 1-2 green chilies, seeds removed, finely chopped
- 3 tbsp curry paste
- 3 medium tomatoes, washed and chopped
- 1 tsp brown sugar
- 2 tbsp tomato purée
- ¼ cup peas, fresh or frozen
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- Cilantro for garnish, freshly chopped
- ¼ cup plain or greek yogurt, for garnish
- Heat the oil in a large non-stick skillet over medium-low heat. Add the onion and garlic and cook for 10 minutes or until lightly golden.
- Add the ginger, chillies, and curry. Cook for 1-2 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Add the ground lamb. Cook for 3-4 minutes, then add the tomatoes, sugar, and tomato purée and bring to a boil. Reduce the heat and simmer uncovered for 20-25 minutes, stirring occasionally. Add the salt, pepper, and a little water to the ground lamb, if needed.
- Right before serving, add the peas and warm through.
- Serve right from the skillet with plenty of naan flatbread, a dollop of plain yogurt, and a sprinkling of cilantro.
Other Recipes You May Like